New Interchanges in Islamabad Plan Submitted: CDA
Capital Development Authority (CDA) submitted Project Concept-I (PC-I) for 5 new interchanges in Islamabad. It also includes different infrastructural projects in Islamabad. The project summary submitted to Ministry of interior for further acceptance from Federal Government. Moreover, the project will carry out particularly under Public Sector Development Program (PSDP).
The proposed projects submitted for reviewing includes:
- 5 interchanges across Islamabad in different areas
- Blue Area Development in F-9 & G-9
Government has instructed the apex civic agency to facilitate the residents at maximum extent on priority basis. Secondly, this projects foresight the traffic flow & need for expansion in coming years. Thus, the execution of these projects will particularity address traffic issues, said CDA spokesperson Syed Safdar Ali. After the construction of these interchanges, northern & southern sides of the city would be connected certainly without any interruption.
The proposed interchanges for Islamabad PC-1 details are shared below:
- At Kashmir Highway with intersection of 11th Avenue
- At Kashmir Highway with intersection of 12th Avenue
- Construction of 10th Avenue and subsequently its interchange as well
- Underpass from IJP Road to Khayaban-i-Iqbal
- An interchange at intersection of 9th Avenue & IJP Road
The spokes person of CDA said these interchanges are indeed part of Islamabad Master Plan. In December 2019, Federal government asked CDA’s Planning & Engineering Wing to prepare PC-I. It is now submitted to ministry of interior after detailed technical, financial & environmental assessment along with and other aspects.