Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) finalized the Terms of Reference (ToRs) for latest master plan for the city Rawalpindi. This master plan is going to be applicable for next 20 years i.e. 2020-40. RDA finalized will shape the master plan for future developments.
These proposed TORS will be put forward to the board meeting for further analysis. Afterwards, Punjab Housing Ministry will further discuss it. The civic agency submitted a draft to the Punjab Housing Secretary in the month of February. Following are the highlights discussed in the TORS:
- Managing traffic load
- Better water supply
- Addressing issues of sewerage, electricity & gas
- Resolving telecommunication problems
- Commercial & residential tenant issues
- Industrial area settlement
- Improving road conditions
- Street maintenance
- Development of recreational centers
- Improving healthcare & educational facilities
In addition, the idea of segregating this big metropolitan city into sectors in terms of residential & commercial is also under consideration.